It’s DAY 2 at The Cheerleading Worlds! What a busy one it’s been! We’ve been gathering the top moments (so far) of the weekend.
1. FOUR to Finals! – Social Media has been buzzing all day to the news that Cheer Athletics Wildcats (reigning Champ) is now advancing to finals after a score challenge. It’s been a tough division deep with talent but congrats to the IOC5 US Teams that advanced: CheerForce Nfinity, The Stingray All Stars Electric and GymTyme All Stars Blink and Cheer Athletics Wildcats. Kudos to the judging officials getting it right!
2. No Hit Zone – Maybe it’s the nerves, but we for sure thought that there would be more HIT routines. We need to really work on adding teams to #ClubZero at finals!
3. Role Model – It’s something you probably never expected to happen, but Saturday morning, Rockstar Cheer woke up to bad news. A team member quit, leaving 41 year old coach Gianni DeNegri to fill in. He even threw a standing full! Way to step up for your team, coach!
4. Dynasty Dethroned – The conclusion of ICU on Friday brought some attention to Team USA Coed who didn’t have the best day and unfortunately for the first time since 2004 Team USA coed didn’t take home the trophy. Congratulations to Chinese Taipei for taking home the GOLD!
5. Go USA! – Team USA All Girl looked great in finals securing the top spot this year at the ICU Championships with Norway and Finland finishing out the Top 3. These divisions get more and more tough every year.
6. Team of Seven – The team “Lucky 7” of Allstar Athletics hailing from Tinley Park, IL brought seven athletes to this years championships and quickly gained a following on social media after a solid hit during their performance on Day 1.
7. Four-Peat or New Champ? – Another division stacked with talent, Small Coed, has our nerves on edge. Could Cali Smoed Repeat or will season favorite Brandon Senior Black take the crown from the reigning champs? Only a HIT can tell. Louisiana Cheer Force is another fan favorite looking to take the crown. Finals in this division will be intense.
Have some you think should be added? Let us know by commenting below!