You know you're a cheer mom (or dad) when…
It’s great to have parents involved in their child’s cheerleading career. You sacrifice so much as a cheer parent to make your kids feel the benefit of having a positive experience, being a part of a team sport and of course learning life lessons that will carry them so much farther in life. A cheer mom or dad should be involved in everything from a child’s safety to competition. Here are a few reasons that you know you’re a cheer mom (or dad) when…
1. You can’t function unless your daily planner is color coordinated with post-it note additions.
2. Your cheer gym is programmed in your GPS as “Home.”
3. The only music that plays in your car is cheer music.
4. And you of course, know every word.
5. As soon as you know your team placement, your first mission is finding a carpool.
6. Your family vacations usually consist of Dallas, Atlanta, and Orlando.
7. You’ve given “Private Lessons” as a gift for holidays. On multiple occasions.
8. You have bribed… Er… “Rewarded” your child into to getting a new skill.
9. While everyone else is afraid of their kids driving; you’re just glad they can take themselves to practice.
10. You can do a perfect poof, braid, and tease… Or you know exactly who to call to do it for you.
11. There’s no such thing as “too many pictures.”
12. The two worst words you can hear are “Double Teaming.”
13. Or actually worse…. “Closed Practices.”
- Your biggest fear is new items being released in the Pro Shop.
15. Or any gym’s Pro Shop for that matter.
16. You’re always the first person at the gym and the last to leave.
17. You can’t get the smell of BioFreeze, IcyHot, or Tiger Balm out of your car.
18. 90% of your wardrobe is your program’s colors.
19. You have a small group of mom’s that you will let treat your kid like their own.
20. You’re always proud of your kid. No matter what.